What to expect

Rants, missives and occcasional updates about where Masquerade is located and what we are up to.

Friday, December 8, 2006

Still in Newport Harbor

We have been here for quite a while, getting the boat ready for Mexico. We have been doing a bunch of shopping/provisioning and working on boat jobs. We have access to a truck thanks to my parents (thanks Mom & Dad!), which makes doing all this much much easier. The downside is that we feel we need to shop for exactly the right part, for the cheapest possible price, and need to get everything on the list. Without the car we would probably make do with less and save a bit of time and money. However, I am sure that we will be happy that we bought everything later in Mexico,

We had a great party at the dock for friends and family! There was a nice sandy beach with picnic tables, which worked out well as we could not possibly fit everyone on the boat at once. We had a nice warm sunny day, and about 25 people showed up. I know we enjoyed it, I hope everyone else did as well.

Our mooring ball is right next to Balboa Island, this is a neighborhood of multi million dollar houses (some only summer homes). This is not a normal area. Cindy and I walked into a shop on the island while I was wearing a Village Marine t-shirt. I was given the t-shirt when we bought our watermaker from the company. The salesman in the shop asked if I owned the company! Back in the normal boat world he would have asked how I liked the watermaker. I guess being around this kind of money skews your view of the world. Apparently on Balboa Island you only wear a shirt with a logo if you own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment